Smart Turf is looking for an experienced, energetic, and talented Inside Sales Representative to join our sales team in supporting our sales pipeline. This inside sales rep will play a fundamental role in customer acquisition, lead nurturing, and revenue growth objectives. You must be comfortable making dozens of calls per day, working with the sales team, generating interest, qualifying prospects, and closing sales. If you are energetic and have a willingness to learn along with the drive and creativity to uncover every opportunity, we want to talk to you!
Smart Turf has been in business since 1975 and is one of the nation’s leading manufacturers of synthetic
grass. We are a vertical company servicing the product category from manufacturing the product in our
company owned US factory to installation. For the past 10 years the synthetic grass industry has
experienced large growth year after year. Smart Turf has exclusive technology that separates us from
This outside sales representative will be responsible for B2B and B2C sales in North Orange County.
Office is conveniently located in Santa Ana at the 5 / 55 freeway. Individual will call on landscape
contractors, architects and designers. Project categories include residential, commercial, and hospitality.
Flooring Direct Warehouse & Smart Turf offers customers a wide range of flooring and
artificial turf product lines. We operate primarily in the business to business environment
where our products are sold through licensed dealers and contractors in their respective
markets. We currently have an exciting Driver/Warehouse
opportunity at our Santa Fe Springs location.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Customer Service Representative will support customers and other Flooring Direct
Warehouse Team Members with company products and procedures. The Customer
Service Team Member will often be the point of contact for many customer issues and
communications as well as assisting Sales Managers and Sales Representatives in
maintaining customer relations and account management.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Will include, but not limited to the following
• Follow-up on sales leads and customer requests
• Inform established and potential customers of new and existing Catalina Home
• Stay current with Catalina Home products and literature
• Report competitive product information to Regional Business Manager(s), Inside
Sales Manager, Marketing Services and appropriate MICO, Inc. Product Engineer(s)
• Review industry trade publications
• Stay abreast of industry trends in regards to marketplace and technical developments
Provide customer order support with regards to:
• Process all types of orders via email, phone, fax, text, and Internet in a timely,
accurate and professional manner
• Release or reschedule product for shipment using the required computer programs
• Product published specifications
• Shipment inquiries o changes to schedules o expedites o delivery notifications
• Timely fielding of in-bound calls to meet customer expectations in a fast-paced
• Use of CRM (Hubspot) and other systems to track customer activity and
• Create and maintain productive, professional relationships with distributors, reps,
colleagues, and customers
• Proactively process, expedite and follow-up on orders in an accurate, timely and
• Ensure caller’s needs are being met in on each call, with a focus on one call resolution
• Maintain a professional, courteous, outgoing attitude and demeanor
• Ability to work independently and as a team
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work with all salespeople and customers, in a wide variety of markets
• Ability to work with multiple departments within the company
• Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
• Ensure correct shipment of product as requested by the customer
• Communicate with customers via the phone with a professional and positive image
Assist the Regional Business Managers:
• Liaison between the customer and other personnel
• Relay information to the Managers in regards to new and existing customer projects
• Handle quality issues for the sales team and their customers
Process Customer Orders as Point-of-Contact Order Entry
• Review and interpret customer purchase orders
• Accurately transfer customer PO information to the systems
• Track customers deliveries and notify appropriate personal of status
• Will recognize and comply with all safety rules
• Perform other related duties as required by Customer Service and other management
• Provide assistance with departmental responsibilities in the event of personnel on
leave or when directed to by departmental management
• Report competitive product information to Inside Sales Customer Service Manager
• Build rapport with employees and other co-workers from all departments
• Maintain all types of documentation: Customer related, employee related
• Must be able to work in a “team” environment
• Look for and recommend product and process improvements in support of corporate
goals, objectives and activities.
• Assist in purchasing and inventory management.
• Must be able to analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional
journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
• Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of
managers, clients, customers, and general public.